Sunday, March 26, 2006

Road Sign Proposal Aims to Raise Single-Shoed Pedestrian Awareness.


The latest new road sign proposal to be submitted by...well...me, will hopefully alert motorists to single shoe'd individuals meandering on highways and city streets. If accepted, the new road signs will be placed in the surrounding areas of the more popular single-shoe laden hot spots. While I have yet to personally see one of these "one shoe wonders", they are apparently plentiful according to the recent numbers of Lost Sole sightings. Many of us probably pass at least one single shoed person a day and don't even realize it. By nature, we never really think to look down at anyone's feet. With increased awareness and the addition of these new signs, I am hopeful we can begin to solve the single shoe mystery.
-J. Snipes, Lost Soles Press

3 comments:

nollij said...

Jon, I think it's high time you pull yourself up by the bootstraps and start making some of your own signs! It could be your contribution to the world: a method by which you may save your own sole! My idea: start slowly. Make one sign a week. To keep costs minimal, the first ones should be printed on durable paper and glued to cardboard and posted alongside or below other "official" street signs. For some ideas of where to post and techniques of how to stay "under the radar", see freewayblogger. One of the best things I figured out from these guys: use a projector to make your small designs bigger!

Anonymous said...

This sign has my vote! And with an authority figure such as myself backing this proposal, there is a high likelyhood that it will be accepted. It is about time people be made aware of this pandemic. Great work and I admire your professional journalism.
-Over and Out

Staff Writer said...

Ian, I agree completely...and I really like the slow, progressive approach to the addition of these new signs. I mean...who has the money to blow on real painted aluminum shoe signs anyway? In fact, the idea of cheesier, less realistic signs makes it even better. Unfortunately, with the extremely unpredictable Michigan weather, paper signs will hold up like one-ply t.p. in a steam room. Thanks for the tips my bruh-thuh...I headed over to freewayblogger...